Friday, March 1, 2013

Catch up...

Been a while since I posted anything on here. The Team Aardvark RX7 is now running a Reliance Automotive Services prepared 13B PP - and this is the real deal with MFR housings etc. Unfortunately only a loaner until Jon finds a new home for it, but I am definitely enjoying it while I can. Phenomonal engine!

The PP plus the purchase of some second hand soft compound 205/50R15 DZ03Gs (thanks to Bruce Power) have combined to give me a new PB of 48.08 at the last event of 2012. So close to a 47! Still chasing the class record of 47.56 - so still a bit of work to do.

Having experimented with some medium compound 225/50R15 A050s on the rear of the car (thanks to Bernie Wilson) I think a move to the same tyres in soft compound may just get me there... Need a sponsor!

Last hillclimb was the first event of this year, held last Sunday. There was a fair bit of rain during the day, but at least 2 "dry" runs - the last of which netted me a best time of 48.24, enough to give me first in class and 5th outright (looped the car on the other...whoops!) and I can claim that I beat a Nissan R35 GTR on the day. :)

Some photos from the event taken by Tyrie Starrs are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment